Enriched Editor not in directory

Hi guys. Is the Enriched Editor, originally by @anon71687268, still supported for CP?

It’s not in the plugins directory, and the old link in the threads goes 404.

But I did find it in @james’ Github:

Releases · nylen/Enriched-Editor · GitHub

1 Like

Yes the plugin is still supported for CP. This is probably just an oversight by the new adopter.

Pinging @james and @wadestriebel – this needs to be attached to an account and added to the directory as it’s going to be one virtually everyone wants. The PHP Error Log Viewer is also missing from the directory, though maybe that was intentional. Heads up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Already installed it, thanks. Great plugin. I’m especially happy about the fact that I can see the HTML source code.

Usually, I write and edit using Markdown in my phone or PC, and I just paste the final HTML code in the WP/CP editor. With Gutenberg, this is a hassle, since I still have to insert custom HTML blocks. With the Classic Editor, I could paste HTML in text mode, true, but it strips out the paragraph tags, and I’m never sure of the final code.

But with this Enriched Editor, I can just paste the HTML in the source code box and hit Publish :grinning:

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Markdown plugin

Posted on Slack where I was notified… copying response here to avoid losing it.

Yes, I finalized the adoptions months ago. James will need to setup an account on the directory or it won’t show up – same for the error log plugin. He doesn’t seem to have setup endpoints at all either. The SSL thing on his domain has been an issue for awhile and that would prevent updates anyway. At this point, these plugins are in limbo, and I wouldn’t use them until they’ve been properly looked after.

My update server will still be alive for another 2 months (for any late updaters,) however, I’ve moved back to WordPress, so, I’m pretty much out of the loop on the ClassicPress versions of these plugins.