Facebook Group

Created a Facebook group off of @dsl25 recc. 100% needed.

Join here. Spread the word.

7 Likes

WOW that was fast!

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a Facebooker, but can appreciate that you jumped in and got it done. Props!

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the FB useage stats now? Two billion or something like that? FB is a big time-vacuum, like talking to an auditorium filled with ā€œentrepreneursā€ and ā€œfoundersā€ who have no real business or idea what SEO is (not that Iā€™m a genius) but I think I agree with the old saying ā€œthereā€™s no such thing as bad publicity.ā€ I get the approach to take the high road and agree with it long term. And since someone else is setting it up, I donā€™t see any harm at all.

@tommy you created a YouTube channel and Facebook group? Already! Dude, I need to put together a military-style marketing plan and give it to you for execution! You could probably do air and sea within a few days at this pace! Makes me want to cross-post your video on the Gutenberg forums.

Althoughā€¦I might prefer that the ClassicPress FB group be private for obvious reasons! Maybe a ClassicPress Tech Support FB group thatā€™s private? What do you think?

lol @voltaire - no, I havenā€™t created a YT channel. I think Iā€™ll leave that alone, as itā€™s more of a branding thing, however I plan on making that first ā€˜GutenBrokeā€™ vid once I get around to it.

1 Like

I saw the CP YouTube channel and subscribed. Soā€¦interesting.

1 Like

That is an official one (I think from @scott) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@tommy thank you for making the group ā€œunofficialā€ for now. The committee has agreed that we want to take the high ground, both in the near and far term. Creating ourselves as the anti- does not serve us in the long run, and as a brand, we do not want to be seen that way. We feel we are best served by focusing on what we do right, rather than what others do wrong.

As @scott announced today via Twitter, we are almost ready to release the V1 and V2 roadmap. Once that is complete, Iā€™m sure it would be very helpful to have some messaging created around it that could be used for a series of social media posts in the coming weeks. This will need to be a coordinated effort between the marketing and design teams, and we would be happy to have your help, as well as the help of @voltaire and others. It looks like youā€™ve already started a ā€œMarketing Planā€ topic, so perhaps we should continue this larger discussion there?

3 Likes

@BlueSkyPhoenix so if I hear you correctly, and I think that I amā€¦a Benny Hill themed video showing an infinite scroll of 1 star Gutenberg reviews would be frowned upon by the upper echelons.

(Thick sarcasm, but I actually did make one ready to post before I read this.):laughing:

Understood. High road it is.

4 Likes

Thanks! (I was never a fan of Benny Hill anywayā€¦)

1 Like

Iā€™ll check it out.

But it would be funnyā€¦and ending with the opening scene from the cult classic ā€œThe Prisonerā€ right before the video shows ClassicPress logo?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.