Forum User Groups

I am wondering whether or not we should add a couple more user groups to the forums.

We currently have 6 public user groups, and I am debating on adding two new groups that users could request access to:

1. Plugin Developers
  2. Hosting Providers

Each could be used as a title and/or have some type of flair.

2 Likes

Is this just to add a flair to their icon, or is there some functional purpose?

2 Likes

1 Core Developers
2 Plugin Developers
3 Theme Developers
4 Support Team
5 Hosting Providers

3 Likes

Both, gives some recognition to those supporting CP & provides a quick way to see everyone who is providing hosting services/plugins.

5 Likes

We do have a support team, but it isn’t public. Mainly because we want people to use the forums instead.

Core developers will get recognition once we get the GitHub plugin online. We (read @james) are currently fine tuning it to support our use case.

But I like:

• Plugin Developers
  • Theme Developers
  • Hosting Providers
7 Likes

I like it. :+1:

3 Likes

And for those that could fit into multiple groups? Do the flairs have flairs?
It seems kind of arbitrary to add people to groups. Everyone should be equal on the forums.

2 Likes

@wadestriebel are you going to add everyone to the admins group, or shall I?

3 Likes

It is completely arbitrary, but so are the badges and from those stats people love them :slight_smile:

If people don’t want to use that is fine, but for those that do it adds a little extra to the forum experience.

Now that is a scary thought :wink:

2 Likes

I have set up 3 new user groups:

• Hosting Providers,
  • Theme Developers, and
  • Plugin Developers.

I will make a new thread explaining how to request to join and set your title.
Edit: here is the thread on joining a group and updating your title

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Regular group

You forgot this part. So people have to choose. Like I said, it seems so arbitrary and not helpful.

When I find additions to the forum that aren’t helpful, I just ignore them. For me, it’s the international forums. They’re neither helpful (to me) nor can I add anything positive to the discussion. So, I ignore them.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.