Have a page on the website where plugins that support ClassicPress can be added and rated

Plugin compatibility is one of the biggest concerns for people considering the switch. If there was an easily findable place where plugin support for CP could be documented and rated (eg, 1-works great; 2-minor issues; 3-breaks), it would make it easier to select plugins for CP sites.

Read-only archive: Issues · ClassicPress/ClassicPress · GitHub

Author: Ray Gulick

Vote count: 60

Comments

1 Like

This is an old petition. We have a working directory now and working on improving it. So this is no longer needed.

The idea in the petition is not in the directory we have, though.

If I’m not mistaken, there were numerous discussions about not having rating/review system for plugins. There was one a few days ago on Slack based on something you shared about WP reviews, I think.

Yes, I’m not talking about reviews. But the idea of having a place that lists a lot of plugins and whether they support CP or not is clearly not in the CP plugin directory. The directory is more of a list of plugins from people who already know about CP.
The proposed list would be a lot of work, but it is a lookup table for compatibility. I don’t see a good way to do it.
But I don’t think you should close the petition with a remark about an unrelated thing. Give a real reason.

This actually was attempted:

A few real reasons:

• This was attempted before and didn’t last.
  • Our focus is on the directory and plugins built for CP.
  • We don’t have resources to track compatibility with WP plugins, we shouldn’t do it either. That’s not our focus.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.