Is it OK to Wait?


#1

Is it OK to wait until the final release? I moved hosts recently and don’t have a dummy site up. Really don’t want to muck around with my production site for a RC.


#2

Of course, if you don’t want to update to 1.0.0-RC1 then you are welcome to wait for V1.

There were some fixes to the beta that were included in this update, so you would be missing these until you upgrade to V1. You can check all the details here (in “Other Changes”): ClassicPress 1.0.0-rc1 Release Notes


#3

Hi @janelockwood, it is OK to wait, but one of our goals is to provide updates that you can trust.

It’s always a good idea to take a backup before applying an update, and it does take a bit of time to get a working backup solution up and running. Other than that, I’m curious if you have any specific reasons for not wanting to update yet?

Also, I’d recommend keeping up with the news about releases here. We don’t advise about security updates prior to release, but if we do a release with security fixes then you’d probably want to update to that one more quickly.


#4

I did the update, thanks.