Is Yoast Toast?

Function available for newest update of Rank Math to move the metabox to the bottom of the admin screen (eg, below custom fields you may have added).

1 Like

I just gave Rank Math a try this weekend and it seems pretty good but it’s definitely challenging to get everything “in the green”, so to speak…

2 Likes

That isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It means you have to work harder on your pages than with Yoast, so maybe the standards are higher.

That said, a lot of that stuff that gets the green light is just a rough guide and not always a necessity for good SEO.

I have Rank Math on my test site and will probably convert from Yoast on the live site.

1 Like

Not quite…this is the comms I got from them

We support WordPress 4.9.9 and thus ClassicPress.
If ClassicPress changes anything, we do not intend to support them separately.

1 Like

This sounds more like it’s compatible for now, rather than actually supporting ClassicPress.

2 Likes

I think this is going to be the case for most existing plugins until CP has a user base large enough to justify the additional effort to specifically support CP.

3 Likes

Absolutely, @raygulick. It’s important we understand the difference, so we ca make the best decisions going forward.

2 Likes

If you think about it, I doubt many plugin developers would guarantee to always support Wordpress if changes happen that make it unfeasible so to do.

3 Likes

It’s not about guarantees; it’s about intent and perception of viability. Plugin devs will cater to markets they consider viable. WP represents a big market, so I think most plugin devs (unless they decide to throw in the towel or place their bet on CP’s just emerging market) will ask “How high?” when WP says “Jump!”

2 Likes

More from mythemeshop, looking better:

We do not have any plans of dropping the support for WordPress 4.9.9 since we ourselves use Classic Editor on many of our web properties.

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Issues connecting to Rank Math account

I had a good response from RankMath when I joined their Facebook group and mentioned I was with CP:

7 Likes

That does sound promising. I’m going to install it on a site and try it out.

2 Likes

I’m interested to know what you think…

1 Like

I’m testing out SEO Framework. So far, so good–It was pretty easy to set up and–with the help of the SEO Data Transporter–it looks like my canonical URL settings have transferred. I like how the settings are all on one page instead of scattered all over the place. I’m told it doesn’t have the bloat of Yoast. SEO Framework also says that we’re allowed to modify the plugin for ClassicPress.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: SEO Plugin Input

So I swapped out a client to Rank Math who originally had Yoast Premium and she immediately noticed (oops) so I contacted Yoast to find out if Premium would support WP 4.9.9. The answer from them is:

It’s a bit ironic that the blog post he references is from 2013, but whatever…

Here’s the close of that post:

Really, that kind of attitude makes the decision so much easier.

5 Likes

It sure didn’t look like a minority in the support forums.

That attitude is precisely why I switched to CP. And now I see that it was right to switch from Yoast as well.

8 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Rank Math Discussion

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.