Issues connecting to Rank Math account

maybe I spoke too soon. I just had an issue that I could not connect the plugin to my account at Mythemeshop for the SEO analysis tool to work.

Then I found that oif I rolled back to WP4.9 it was fine so perhaps this is one feature of the plugin that is not compatible with CP. I’ve mentioned it on their support forum so waiting to hear back if that is actually the issue as I suspect.

3 Likes

@MrLucky this sounds familiar. If you have a chance, can you try adding this code to your site to help us narrow down the issue?

You can drop it in wp-content/mu-plugins/temp-useragent-fix.php or in your active theme’s functions.php file, and that will be enough to test:

<?php

add_filter( 'http_headers_useragent', function( $ua ) {
    return 'WordPress/' . get_bloginfo( 'version' ) . '; ' . get_bloginfo( 'url' );
} );
1 Like

Hi James, I’m just trying RM and I can confirm that I couldn’t connect to the MyThemeShop account in a standard CP site. Adding that code to functions.php solved the problem for me.

1 Like

Adding it to functions.php causes website just show as blank page.

temp-useragent-fix.php works, it allows me to connect.

So the question now, is this something CP will add or is it something RM needs to fix from their side ideally?

3 Likes

Ideally Rank Math would fix this issue on their side, but they are not the only one. This is something we’ll fix in the upcoming rc1. Thanks for helping me test & confirm the issue.

@MrLucky I didn’t specify this, but if you were pasting that code into an existing PHP file then you would need to omit the <?php tag since the file would already have one.

1 Like

Aha!

Thanks

1 Like

Re. the issues with connecting to a Rank Math account: After seeing similar issues a couple more times with different premium plugins and themes, we decided to implement a fix in ClassicPress.

Upgrade to 1.0.0-rc1 and you should have no further issues with connecting to a Rank Math account.

Once you’ve upgraded to 1.0.0-rc1 you can remove the fix I posted above from your site.

6 Likes

Confirmed working here, thanks very much. I’ll let Mythemeshop know they can close the ticket from their side.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.