"Must Have" Plugins List

I’m one of their developers, I should know :wink:

6 Likes

Just making sure :wink:

2 Likes

That’s great news. Any chance you could add words to that effect on your website and share the good news?

1 Like

I’ll try and remember to add something in the readme for .org and I’ll have word about adding something on the site

2 Likes

That’d be great. Just as long as it doesn’t put you at risk of being blacklisted by WP. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a history of wp blacklisting plugins that say they also work on classic press then?

1 Like

I haven’t heard anything along those lines. And many thanks for your support Simon. A page builder was one of the big areas we needed to cover.

2 Likes

There’s certainly a history of posts being removed from the forums if anyone should happen to mention ClassicPress.

I’m sure it used to be the case that WP didn’t like ClassicPress being mentioned in the readme either but I’ve just noticed this: Zeno Font Resizer – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org, this https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-taxonomy-order-ne/ and, of course, this ZigWidgetClass – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org, written by @anon95694377, a fellow member of the CP community.

So it looks like you should be OK but maybe @anon95694377 could confirm??

3 Likes

Thanks. Have added those in with summary of your comments.

1 Like

I’ve had plugin repo support questions removed for asking about ClassicPress, but never had a plugin removed or suspended for mentioning CP in the readme.

Though to play safe, when I submit a new plugin to the repo, I leave out any mention of CP, then add it into the readme with the next release.

3 Likes

I will ask mika but I’m sure a link is fine in the readme

3 Likes

@Pross - this comment was just posted on Slack:

“I used beaver builder for one of my experiments in learning to build a site with WP. And compared to elementor/Divi free versions it seemed to me the best. It was easy for me to use/understand it. And to say I am not a fan of builders but I appreciated it, it says a lot. Happy to see them onboard.”

3 Likes

Hey guys,

Just want to add Meta Box - a lightweight yet powerful custom fields plugin, and Slim SEO - a non-bloated SEO plugin to the list. They’re 100% compatible with ClassicPress.

6 Likes

Hi @rilwis - thanks for joining in, and welcome!

Are you involved in developing those 2 plugins? If so, is it a case of “They currently work with ClassicPress” (interesting) or “We will make sure they will always work with ClassicPress” (wonderful).

1 Like

I’m the author of these plugins. And they currently work with ClassicPress (I’m using ClassicPress on my personal blog and running the plugins as well), and of course, I’ll make it always work with ClassicPress.

15 Likes

Well that gets a definite “wonderful” from me! Very glad to hear that. Thank you for supporting CP. :+1:

I’ll add those into the wiki. I’m sure your custom fields plugin will get a lot of interest.

5 Likes

All my plugins on WP.org mention support of ClassicPress.

3 Likes

Indeed they do @azurecurve. Nothing personal :slight_smile:. All I did was to search for ‘classicpress’ on the plugins page at wp.org and picked the first three that appeared.

Have you had any issues with mentioning CP?

1 Like

No offence was taken, I only mentioned it as support to mentioning ClassicPress support wasn’t an issue.

The only places I think I’ve mentioned it is in the readme FAQ and tags and neither have been mentioned to me by anyone at WP.

7 Likes