Plugin directory kickoff; call for test plugins

We’ve had a lot of discussion over the past few months, now it’s time to start work on the plugin directory and on v2 of ClassicPress!

One of the first things we’ll need is a set of plugins to test using the initial directory. We’ll use these to develop and refine a prototype of the plugin directory. Regular users won’t see this effort until we’re ready to do an alpha release, but this is still a great way for plugin developers to help us out behind the scenes!

To start, I’ve pulled the list of plugins from the Plugins built specifically for ClassicPress thread.

If you’re pinged in this list, please respond below and let us know whether you’re OK with your plugin being listed in an initial prototype of our directory!

1. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-add-twitter-cards: Add Twitter Cards plugin for ClassicPress
  2. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-avatars: avatars plugin for ClassicPress
  3. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-bbcode: bbcode plugin for ClassicPress
  4. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-call-out-boxes: Call-out Boxes plugin for ClassicPress
  5. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-code: Code plugin for ClassicPress
  6. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-comment-validator: Comment Validator plugin for ClassicPress
  7. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-conditional-links: Conditional Links plugin for ClassicPress
  8. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-display-after-post-content: Display After Post Content plugin for ClassicPress
  9. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-filtered-categories: Filtered Categories plugin for ClassicPress
  10. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-flags: Flags plugin for ClassicPress
  11. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-floating-featured-image: Floating Featured Image plugin for ClassicPress
  12. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-icons: Icons plugin for ClassicPress
  13. @azurecurve: https://github.com/azurecurve/azrcrv-iamges
  14. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-insult-generator: Insult Generator plugin for ClassicPress
  15. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-mobile-detection: Mobile Detection plugin for ClassicPress
  16. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-multisite-favicon: Multisite Favicon plugin for ClassicPress
  17. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-page-index: Page Index plugin for ClassicPress
  18. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-post-archive: Post Archive plugin for ClassicPress
  19. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-rss-feed: RSS Feed plugin for ClassicPress
  20. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-rss-suffix: RSS Suffix plugin for ClassicPress
  21. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-series-index: Series Index plugin for ClassicPress
  22. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-shortcodes-in-comments: Shortcodes in Comments plugin for ClassicPress
  23. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-shortcodes-in-widgets: Shortcodes in Widgets plugin for ClassicPress
  24. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-sidebar-login: Sidebar Login plugin for ClassicPress
  25. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-tag-cloud: Tag Cloud plugin for ClassicPress
  26. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-taxonomy-index: Taxonomy Index plugin for ClassicPress
  27. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-theme-switcher: Theme Switcher plugin for ClassicPress
  28. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-timelines: Timelines plugin for ClassicPress
  29. @azurecurve: GitHub - azurecurve/azrcrv-url-shortener: URL Shortener plugin for ClassicPress
  30. @anon71687268: GitHub - nylen/PHP-Error-Log-Viewer: A plugin to bring the PHP error log into the ClassicPress dashboard with color coding, sorting, and filitering.
  31. @anon71687268: https://github.com/codepotent/utility-plugin-d
  32. @anon71687268: GitHub - xxsimoxx/codepotent-carbon-copy: Duplicate any ClassicPress post, page, or custom post type item with one click.
  33. @anon71687268: GitHub - azurecurve/Estimated-Read-Time: A ClassicPress plugin that displays the anticipated read time for posts and pages.
  34. @anon71687268: GitHub - xxsimoxx/codepotent-registration-honeypot: Add a honeypot input to the ClassicPress registration form to prevent spambots from creating accounts.
  35. @anon71687268: GitHub - azurecurve/Username-Protection
  36. @anon71687268: GitHub - nylen/Enriched-Editor
  37. @anon71687268: GitHub - xxsimoxx/codepotent-timeless-text: Texts such as "I have worked for n years in web dev" or "We have n years of combined experience" are outdated within a year. This plugin keeps those numbers automatically updated.
  38. @klein: GitHub - klein-the-donkey/cp-admin-colors: ClassicPress style admin color schemes for your ClassicPress site.
  39. @mathewcallaghan: GitHub - mathewcallaghan/classicpress-widget-conditions: ClassicPress, control where widgets appear on your site.
  40. @Simone: GitHub - xxsimoxx/cpcompatibility: This plugin is for fixing some compatibility issues for ClassicPress.
  41. @Simone: GitHub - xxsimoxx/vars: With vars (a plugin for classicPress) you can define name-value associations from the admin.

If you’re not in this list, but you have a plugin you’d like us to consider including, that’s OK too! Requirements are, briefly:

• The plugin is hosted on GitHub with the code available
  • The plugin is licensed under GPL (v2 or v3+ at your choosing)
  • There is at least one published release using the GitHub releases mechanism.

If you’re not sure whether your plugin(s) meet these requirements, don’t worry, one of the goals of this exercise is to test our error handling implementation, so we’ll sort it out :slight_smile:

10 Likes

More than happy to help.

I have new versions of all of them which I have meant to release, but not got round to yet which we can use for testing as well.

4 Likes

I have one ready - built as addon to a ClassicPress theme I’m developing.
Repo is here: https://github.com/zulfgani/featherlite-controls

4 Likes

Im fine with it, just gotta make a github Release I guess. I was planning to do that soon anyway, so just moving that forward a bit.

3 Likes

Great!!!
Very happy to help!
Simone.

3 Likes

Are “research” plugins still under development to be included? If so…

4 Likes

And we were going to ask about Classic Commerce too.

5 Likes

Adding these to the list, thanks everyone:

3 Likes

Dropping in a few of mine, too:

I’m aware that UI Leaflet Integration is a bit outdated, but I’m going to push the latest updates over the course of this week.

2 Likes

Subscribe2: http://github.com/mattyrob/subscribe2

Can I propose one of mine?

4 Likes