Plugins Confirmed Working on ClassicPress v1

No need for you to filter out duplicates @Zooey; I can easily do it in the master spreadsheet.

2 Likes

Estimated Read Time is built specifically for ClassicPress – for displaying estimated read times on articles and summaries.

6 Likes

Carbon Copy is another utility plugin I whipped up for ClassicPress. It allows you to duplicate posts, pages, or custom post types (taxonomy and meta, too) with one-click.

10 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Yoast re CP Support

Is there a list somewhere of plugins whose authors have made any kind of statement or even commitment about CP support?

1 Like

Yes, we are compiling a list of what we see as important plugins to have, and some solutions as they become available…

2 Likes

Nice touch in Gwolle Guestbook – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org :

“Compatibility
This plugin is compatible with ClassicPress.”

This should become the standard behaviour. Recommended for all plugin developers.

8 Likes

Every plugin that doesn’t have Gutenberg code is compatible by default, so, this isn’t really necessary – certainly not to the level of a standard. :wink: The standard recommendation for ClassicPress plugins will probably be to upload them to the ClassicPress Plugin Directory, though I’m just guessing.

1 Like

@anon71687268 Yes, but I am 99% sure, that a person who affirms in WP plugin directory about compatibility with CP, will upoad this plugin to WP plugin directory too. And, knowing WP attitude, such statement is quite brave :slight_smile: We need such affirmations.

7 Likes

Yes, I agree… it’s great to see. Not only that there are developers supporting CP, but that they are also giving some publicity within WP to the existence and acceptance of CP as an alternative. Good stuff.

10 Likes

wpDiscuz
Press This
Lazy Loader
Cookie Bar
Bubble SEO

All work for me…

3 Likes

I didn’t see our plugin - category posts widget, mentioned before (which I guess indicates it is not being used by people here :frowning: :wink: ) so for the record, while we are unlikely to explicitly test integration with CP, I do not see any reason right now for it not working, and we will fix any problems if reported.
Same goes for the “pro” version of the plugin.

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Category Posts Widget

A post was split to a new topic: Message Cap?

Category Posts Widget and all others since my last post have been added to the list.

Thanks all.

2 Likes

I meanwhile switched 7 sites to ClassicPress and here are some plugins that I can cornfirm they are working:
FoooGallery
FooBox Image Lightbox
GDPR Cookie Consent
MetaSlider
Nested Pages
Timetable and Event Schedule

I also contacted updraft (MetaSlider) if they would support ClassicPress. Here is the answer:
New comment on your idea “Support ClassicPress”

Hi,

I don’t see any reason why we wont. I guess it would depend on the direction they take the platform in. Let us know if you run into any issues and I’ll see if it can be resolved.

Permalink to the comment: https://www.metaslider.com/feature-requests/feature-request/support-classicpress/#comment-22977

5 Likes

Thanks @baterista

Thanks @baterista - that’s good news about MetaSlider - we needed an image slider on our must-have list.

1 Like

I’ve just released Registration Honeypot for ClassicPress. It prevents spambot registrations on sites that allow users to register for accounts.

11 Likes

Good one. I may have a use for this on I site I’m re-working. We are still trying to decide the way to go, but one option is directing new users to a hidden registration form. A honeypot would be a very worthwhile addition.
Cheers!

2 Likes