Plugins Confirmed Working on ClassicPress v1

I had already mentioned Widget Options and Extended Widget Options (premium) as working with CP, and I have now received an explicit commitment from the developer: “I’ll be supporting ClassicPress too :slight_smile: No worries about backward compatibility, I’ll be checking with both versions.”

I assume this will apply to the other plugins from PHP Bits. If there would be problems, my experience has been that the developer is quite friendly and cooperative, and he would surely do his best to fix anything required for the plugins to work on CP.

6 Likes

Thanks @pieter, @jfmayer, @joe38 and @MikeB

2 Likes

Working fine on three sites with CP:
Sucuri Security
Enhanced Media Library (+ Pro version)
Simple Sitemap (+ Pro)

Working fine on one or two sites with CP:
CleanTalk SpamFireWall (aka Anti-Spam by CleanTalk)
AccessPress Social Pro
WP Power Stats

2 Likes

Confirming that Regenerate Thumbnails works as expected. Also used Duplicator to clone a site from localhost to http without issue.

2 Likes

Autoptimize is working as expected.

Spoken Word is working as expected. Note that if it is used with Autoptimize, you will need to list dialog-polyfill.js and spoken-word.js as scripts to exclude (in Autoptimize’s settings) to ensure the player, well, plays. This is not an error.

2 Likes

Thanks @jfmayer and @anon71687268

2 Likes

Following appear to be working fine on 1.0.0-beta2:

1 Like

InfiniteWP seems fine. I had sites linked before migration and they remain active and accessible after moving to CP. They show up as Wordpress version 4.9.9. I’ve contacted support to ask if they will consider supporting CP.

Update: Have just received a reply from InfiniteWP. They told me: “I have now requested our testing team to try out the InfiniteWP on ClassicPress to check the compatibility. Once they are done with their testing, I will get back to you with their findings.”

That sounds promising.

3 Likes

NextGen Gallery and NextGen Pro (from Imagely) are good with CPv1. Have asked about support prospects on the WP support forum and it hasn’t been removed (yet).

1 Like

Yesterday I released a new plugin, Remove WP Update Nags, which I basically put together specifically for people who would like to remain on WP 4.9.x, but don’t want to be nagged/tempted all the time to click on the update links.

It removes the footer nag too and replaces it with the current version and there I added support for ClassicPress too.

6 Likes

Great idea!

1 Like

Thanks @1stepforward and @ozfiddler

Thanks @octoxan

1 Like

MainWP is confirmed working too, at least for plugin updates.

I went through the list that is already posted and removed any plugins that I use and were already listed. These are the plugins I have that are working fine that I didn’t see listed.

All-in-One Event Calendar by Time.ly
bbPress
bbPress New UI
Cookie Notice
Count Per Day
Custom Meta Widget
Edit Author Slug
GD bbPress Tools
Leaflet Maps Marker
List category posts
My Calendar
My Private Site
Restrict Widgets
Show IDs
Theme My Login
Ultimate Category Exclude
Weather Atlas Widget
WP Photo Album Plus
wpForo

Thanks @pieter and @BMJinGA.

1 Like

I just checked Ads inserter Pro, Thrive Architect and Thrive Leads work in Cp

Can me One explanation
Here is the story of plugins witch working on V1
how much I know v1 has not yet started with work
(maybe I’m wrong)
we are still on beta
I still keep the beta v1 to see how this will all work out

Yes, you are right. Version 1 is officially not released yet (late Jan 2019 I think), so beta is the available version. But there should be very few changes, so it is assumed that anything that’s working with beta will be fine with version 1.

3 Likes

Here are some add-ons that work well with me
ClassicPress beta V1 (I do not dare on beta v2)
Maybe some are already announcement

Aspexi Facebook Like Box Slider
BAW Login/Logout menu
CF7 Invisible reCAPTCHA
DC CODE User Avatar
Easy WP SMTP
Erident Custom Login and Dashboard
Forget About Shortcode Buttons
KVTinyMCE Editor Add Fonts
Mechanic Visitor Counter
GDPR Cookie Consent
Optimus