Proposal: New Top-level Ecosystem Team

Proposal: create a new top-level Ecosystem team

This will organize and document work that we are already doing around research plugins and outreach to third-party software providers, and make it clear who new contributors can contact to help out in these areas. This work doesn’t fit well under any of the existing teams.

This will also provide a path forward for bringing research plugins under the ClassicPress organization as officially-supported plugins, with a clear ownership structure and consistent values (free and open software with no upgrade nags or other user annoyances).

Committee; please cast your vote below.
Any discussions outside of this specific proposal should be started with a new linked thread.

• For Proposal
  • Against Proposal

0 voters

3 Likes

@Directors please cast your vote on the above proposal.

2 Likes

Just to add to this, I think @1stepforward should be the team lead of the Ecosystem Team as this is essentially what he has been doing so far with Classic Commerce and Classic SEO :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This has my support as well. Tim has been doing an excellent job with both technical outreach to other vendors/providers and research plugins already, and this isn’t really something that fits into any of our existing teams.

6 Likes

If Hughes is willing to take this on, I have no qualms with the proposal.

5 Likes

I’ve added this new team to the page at Our Community is Important! | Get Involved | ClassicPress

6 Likes

Thanks y’all for your support. It is greatly appreciated!

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Clarifying description and role of Ecosystem team