Unable to Switch to CP issue

I reviewed this thread https://forums.classicpress.net/t/classicpress-1-0-2-via-composer/1586

I attempted making the change in composor.json, but it didn’t work.

Expected behavior

I should be able to switch to CP

Current behavior

The dashboard identifies 2 issues stopping the switch. Composor.json and WP5.2.4.

Here are a couple of screenshots to help.

Is there a suggestion as how I can proceed with the switch? This is my test site. I’ve been communicating with Caldera Forms directly about Admin styles breaking with CP at Caldera v1.8.5 and wanted to give them access to the test site to experiment with.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Leslie, thanks for reporting this.

I’ve confirmed that migrating from WordPress 5.2.4 works as intended, so I’ve enabled that for the migration plugin.

The composer.json issue is happening because ClassicPress was previously installed on this site, and that file gets “left over”. You can remove the composer.json file and this should let you proceed with the migration.

Since this situation is harmless, the migration plugin should show a warning instead of an error, and be a bit more clear about what is going on. I’ve just released a new version of the migration plugin that addresses this issue. You can download it from How to Install ClassicPress CMS | Download ClassicPress as usual, and here is what will appear instead of the “conflicting files” error:

4 Likes

@james thank you for your help! Yes, you’re right about CP being installed before. I’ve been testing back and forth. :slight_smile:

Great! I’ll update the Switch plugin and delete composer.json from the directory. I look forward to being able to report back on Caldera with good news at a future point.

1 Like

Doing just one of these will be enough to get the migration going again :slight_smile:

As usual, you may have an easier time with their support team if you can demonstrate the issue on WP 4.9.x.

1 Like

@james I can do that no problem. CF is usually pretty good with support.

1 Like

The switch worked perfect with deleting composer.json and replacing the Switch plugin with the new version. I marked your response as the solution.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.