Update For Plugin developers page

Continuing the discussion from Missing Links! (Plugins, etc):

@Sparkey just moving that discussion here :slight_smile:

I think we should spend some time cleaning up this page too, @viktor / @anon66243189 any suggestions?

This page definitely needs to be updated.

1. Big question: should we move this page to the docs site under Developer Guides? It certainly falls under that category.
  2. Overall, it has the right information and might need a little editing. We should also link to the plugin guidelines section in docs.
  3. Dev recipes:
    • :white_check_mark: We should move is_classicpress() snippet to its own article under Developer Guides. Then link to it from this page.
    • Security page recipe might not be needed since we have a page dedicated to it, so linking to it would be a better option.
  4. Contacts section should be updated. Instead of listing contacts, we can list forum, slack, and plugins team email.
1 Like

@anon66243189 already did the first part of point 3.

2 Likes

Moving to the docs site makes sense to me, I think we only had it on the main site because we always forgot about the docs site :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Personally I like the menu link “For Plugin Developers”, it reminds me of “The CMS for Creators” and you already have “For Wordpress users”, of course “For Theme Developers” would be nice :upside_down_face:.

Maybe the menu link could stay, just change it to link to the page in the docs site.

1 Like

I personally think the page is not useful as such and should be removed, and redirected with a 301 to the docs page for Plugin Guidelines.