US hosting for CP?

I’m looking for a US based host that SPECIFICALLY runs CP install scripts, supports it, and gives users access to Control Panel. Any recommendations?

While they don’t have a install scripts, Brownrice Internet do support it and will manually install it upon request. If they get enough requests they will consider making an installer.

Disclaimer: This is what I’m getting from @raygulick 's assessment, I have no personal experience with them.

But…

CONS
• Don’t use cPanel (my preference)

Sounds like @Dick_Metcalf wants cPanel too.

I understood it as Dick wanting a control panel, not nessecarily cPanel. There are more Control Panels then cPanel, like Plesk or DirectAdmin. I don’t know if thats what Brownrice uses though.

1 Like

I have done some extra digging and they do have a control panel. They use their own control panel called Brownrice Dashboard. I don’t know the pros and cons of this as I do not know this control panel, but they do have one.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up. I tend to assume Control Panel means cPanel, but of course that’s not necessarily the case.

1 Like

I should have said that it IS cPanel I need, because that’s what I am familiar with

1 Like

@Dick_Metcalf

If you like I will be happy to let you test CP on our cPanel (LiteSpeed) cPanel server. I will give you a free month upfront. If you are happy then you can pay, if not, no worries.

And if you need ClassicPress installed, we can manually do it for you. Not automatic, yet.

Just let me know and I will be happy to give you more details.

Roy Randolph

7 Likes
split this topic #9

4 posts were split to a new topic: What is stopping hosting providers from jumping in?

Roy. Please send me a dm with the appropriate links so I can check your services out. Thanks

2 Likes

PM sent

2 Likes