US hosting for CP?

I’m looking for a US based host that SPECIFICALLY runs CP install scripts, supports it, and gives users access to Control Panel. Any recommendations?

While they don’t have a install scripts, Brownrice Internet do support it and will manually install it upon request. If they get enough requests they will consider making an installer.

Disclaimer: This is what I’m getting from @raygulick 's assessment, I have no personal experience with them.

1 Like

But…

CONS
• Don’t use cPanel (my preference)

Sounds like @Dick_Metcalf wants cPanel too.

1 Like

I understood it as Dick wanting a control panel, not nessecarily cPanel. There are more Control Panels then cPanel, like Plesk or DirectAdmin. I don’t know if thats what Brownrice uses though.

1 Like

I have done some extra digging and they do have a control panel. They use their own control panel called Brownrice Dashboard. I don’t know the pros and cons of this as I do not know this control panel, but they do have one.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up. I tend to assume Control Panel means cPanel, but of course that’s not necessarily the case.

1 Like

I should have said that it IS cPanel I need, because that’s what I am familiar with

1 Like

@Dick_Metcalf

If you like I will be happy to let you test CP on our cPanel (LiteSpeed) cPanel server. I will give you a free month upfront. If you are happy then you can pay, if not, no worries.

And if you need ClassicPress installed, we can manually do it for you. Not automatic, yet.

Just let me know and I will be happy to give you more details.

Roy Randolph

7 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: What is stopping hosting providers from jumping in?

Roy. Please send me a dm with the appropriate links so I can check your services out. Thanks

3 Likes

PM sent

3 Likes

Has ANYONE found a provider that provides both a SCRIPT for installing CLASSICPRESS, AND cpanel (not some variant, but actual cpanel), yet?

2 Likes

I’m in the UK so don’t know too much about US hosts but if a script finds its way into cPanel and, say Installatron or Softaculous, then this should apply to hosting wherever it’s based.

There is the open feature request on cPanel to have them create a plugin for ClassicPress to complement their existing WP plugin. I’m also in reasonably advanced discussions with Installatron to get them to add CP to their software too. The cPanel request could still do with a load more votes but @james has given his full support to both.

And I’ve started playing around with ClassicPress install scripts for cPanel and Installatron myself on a “spare” VPS I’ve managed to acquire along with a developer license for cPanel. This is still very early work in progress however as my main focus recently has been on creating an SEO plugin for CP (first look coming soon to a Github near you!).

So I haven’t found anything but I’m working on things.

1 Like

Can you clarify what you are wanting. I’m not understanding this. You want one script that installs both cPanel and CP?

No - I just want to make sure that the host service includes a SCRIPT for installing CP… AND that they offer cpanel to their customers! I’m considering (next year, late 2020) moving all my sites to a new host, but before I do that, I want to make sure the host has these features (among others)

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this exists yet. In the meantime, why not use the migration plugin?

I know someone who has been toying with the idea of starting US-based CP-centric hosting; I’m not sure how close he is to pulling the trigger. If I knew how much interest there was, I could definitely put a bug in his ear :wink:

2 Likes

There are none that I know of (yet). We have been pushing Installatron and Softaculous. And as @1stepforward mentioned, there is a feature request with cPanel.

Installatron looks like the best bet… they are showing the most interest and we are now having some discussions about requirements.

2 Likes