Wordfence and ClassicPress

WP-Shield or Shield Pro is good too. I use them one of my clients.

Using BPS Pro (commercial but one-off payment for unlimited sites - there is also a free version) and seems fine on three sites Iā€™m running under ClassicPress.

The plugin author seemed willing to look at issues with ClassicPress when I contacted him (see thread and link at https://forums.classicpress.net/t/bulletproof-security-pro-and-classicpress/289

IThemes Security works OOB

1 Like

@pieter I am moving your email to a dedicated post so I can reference it in the future :slight_smile:

Thread has been deleted.

Ahhhhh, such a democratic system

1 Like

First of all, love your name. Secondly, ā€œOut Of Box?ā€

Iā€™d laugh if I could. Thatā€™s why Sucuri and WordFence rule the roost when it comes to WP security. Iā€™ll reach out to Mark Maunder at WordFence and then Sucuri and see if any of them will respond.

I think at this point, itā€™s very clear that Mr. Mullenweig has heard the siren call of investors and stake holders telling him he must compete with Wix asap; and is sending everyone and anyone who gets in his way under the proverbial bus. Hence all thatā€™s occurred. As much as I love kindness and generosity of spirit as a Buddhist, as someone whoā€™s grown up around military personnel and worked for many ā€œold schoolā€ marketing agencies I also see the value in reading between the lines and knowing that untrustworthy critters can lurk in tall grass as they say. I wouldnā€™t put it past anyone at Automattic (and their subsidiaries) to play nasty with CP. Therefore, I would not afford them the opportunity.

Update on this: Concerning forks and recommendations on the forums ā€“ Make WordPress Support

As mentioned in the post, we encourage anyone having issues with the WP forums to reach out to them on WordPress + Slack in the #forums channel.

Yes, ā€œOut of Boxā€. No detected issues since I switched to CP three days ago.

Do you know the source of my name?

1 Like

I am afraid to ask.

1 Like

Is that so? :grinning:
I thought you knew! Itā€™s just a character of the 1980s UK TV-Show ā€œThe Comic Strip Presentsā€, but now we are far off topic, so letā€™s stop here.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve added my voice to the WordFence/ClassicPress thread on the WP support forum. Probably a busy time for them so might take a while to get anything back.

Meanwhile Iā€™ve loaded up All in One Security on a site and it looks good too. Happy to go along with whoever comes to the party. :yum:

3 Likes

How would one be able to ā€œPlease support ClassicPressā€ on the WordFence (or any other plugin) support page without spamming them and therefore harming the idea behind it (supporting CP)?

Any advice on this, cats?

2 Likes

Just make a single post asking about it and you should be fine. If youā€™re not moving from thread to thread and adding virtually the same comment, itā€™s hard to think it would be seen as spam. If a lot of different users are asking for CP support, thatā€™s also not spamā€¦itā€™s a trend. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Done:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve seconded your post @Webrockers - I should also point out though that we do have some very good alternatives now - as listed here (Shield is free and Iā€™m using that on all my sites)ā€¦

By the wayā€¦ welcome to the forums! :smiley:

2 Likes

This was just posted on that issue:

Thanks for the feedback!

We have been closely monitoring the forums, blog post comments, and support tickets. We assure you that all requests are being documented.

Currently there are no plans to support ClassicPress. Though this may change with the influx of forum posts and interest in ClassicPress.

We ask for patience and understanding in the meantime!

Thanks,

Gerald

So I suggest you investigate one of the CP-friendly alternatives listed above.

WF is still working fine on my site. I use MalCareā€™s free version to check the core files every day, so that makes complete protection. The LiveTraffic feature is indispensable for troubleshooting.