Wordfence and ClassicPress

Wordfence is currently incompatible with ClassicPress. (see Installing ClassicPress | ClassicPress Documentation).

I had a very positive chat with their CEO who mentioned that nobody had asked for ClassicPress support, and so it wasn’t on their todo list.

If you use Wordfence, please make your voice heard - free customers can leave a comment on their support forums: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wordfence and paid customers can open a support ticket: Support : Premium Support.

Once they see there is decent demand, they will be more likely to make the decision to support ClassicPress.

3 Likes

I added my voice: Please support ClassicPress | WordPress.org

1 Like

That’s perfect :smile:

Just replied to ZigPress, and added my request for follow-up on the topic from someone there.

2 Likes

Also, here: ClassicPress Support | WordPress.org

AND, it’s been deleted. Link takes you to another post for a different plugin with same title. I think this one is still up because the plugin author replied that he won’t support ClassiPress.

A user representing WordFence has replied on both threads and said he’ll raise it with the team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great news :slight_smile:

We now have a sample email/message that people can use to send to the developers of their favourite plugins.

It has been added to the online FAQs, but I will paste it here too, that seems easier.

Hi there,

You might already have heard of ClassicPress (https://www.classicpress.net), the hard fork of WordPress 4.9.8. It’s in Beta 1 now and the team is working hard on the first production release, ClassicPress 1.0.0. Version 1.x of ClassicPress will always stay backward compatible with WP 4.9.x.

Although I have read that you are working hard to make [PLUGIN_NAME] compatible with the new editor that WP will introduce in version 5.0, I assume (hope) that it also remains compatible with earlier versions of WordPress, such as 4.9.8?

I really hope it is, because as long as your plugin remains compatible with WP 4.9.x, it will also be compatible with version 1.x of ClassicPress.

You probably know this already, but there is even a handy condition that you can use in your plugin:

function_exists( 'classicpress_version' )

And if you want to go even further, you can add somewhere in the plugin’s readme.txt that your plugin is compatible with ClassicPress. Once you do, it will be very easy for people to search in the WP Plugins Directory on ClassicPress compatible plugins: Search Results for “classicpress” | WordPress.org

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Thank you very much,
[YOUR NAME]

8 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

glad to hear that you like it :slight_smile:

I am not sure about this part in bold. We are making good progress but there is still a lot to do before v1 final.

Feel free to change it to what you think is more suitable/accurate.

2 Likes

Updated as follows:

It’s in Beta 1 now and the team is working hard on the first production release, ClassicPress 1.0.0.

ok I will adjust the FAQ entry

1 Like

It seems all posts on Wordpress.org that even so much as mention Classicpress, let alone recommend it in any way, are being removed.

This should not surprise anyone.

We need a solid security plugin for CP, as it looks as though Mullenweig/Automattic may be banning any reference to CP in its support forums. All our requests for WordFence support for CP have been removed and Mark Maunder is (so far) not responding to any requests (if he’s even seen them).

All in One Security is my bet if that’s the case.

I’ll reach out to them

1 Like

Hm, their contact form doesn’t work. That alone doesn’t fill me with confidence about their credentials!