Yoast re CP Support

A while ago I contact Yoast through their website to ask if they’d be supporting ClassicPress. This is the answer I received.

First off, thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delayed response.

Secondly, at Yoast we maintain the policy of only supporting the current and previous version of WordPress (so 4.9.x and 5.0.x as of now). This also means that once 5.1 is released, we will stop supporting 4.9.x., but we will keep supporting the Classic Editor plugin.

1 Like

@jean1981 thanks for reaching out to them, that isn’t really a surprise though!

We had a good conversation and some good alternatives suggested in this thread: Is Yoast Toast?

1 Like

The way last part was written, it makes me think they thought you were asking about Classic Editor plugin.

1 Like

At least it’s still working on my site so far. I tried that Rank plugin and couldn’t even get it to connect to my account, so back to Yoast.

1 Like

The question is only one:Which developer of the SEO plug-in will declare official support for the CP?
I would not want to change the SEO plug-in again in a year.
It is clear that Yoast SEO has no future on one ClassicPress site.

1 Like

For me, Rank Math works flawlessly. You can ask on RankMath facebook page or support - they are very supportive. And the plugin is very good, recommended.

3 Likes

This is seriously bad news for me, AFAIK Yoast is the only plugin with category hierarchy based breadcrumbs which I need.

EDIT: I take that back. RankMath will do what I want (I think)

4 Likes

SEO Framework says it’s not planning to support CP, but that we’re free to modify and distribute it: ClassicPress Support | WordPress.org

2 Likes

Their Github repository: sybrew (Sybre Waaijer) · GitHub

3 Likes

Oh–and the 1.5.2 version of the Extension Manager is both pre-Gutenberg and before some of the essential extensions became paid-only.

2 Likes