Plugins Confirmed Working on ClassicPress v1

@anon71687268 Yes, but I am 99% sure, that a person who affirms in WP plugin directory about compatibility with CP, will upoad this plugin to WP plugin directory too. And, knowing WP attitude, such statement is quite brave :slight_smile: We need such affirmations.

7 Likes

Yes, I agree… it’s great to see. Not only that there are developers supporting CP, but that they are also giving some publicity within WP to the existence and acceptance of CP as an alternative. Good stuff.

10 Likes

wpDiscuz
Press This
Lazy Loader
Cookie Bar
Bubble SEO

All work for me…

3 Likes

I didn’t see our plugin - category posts widget, mentioned before (which I guess indicates it is not being used by people here :frowning: :wink: ) so for the record, while we are unlikely to explicitly test integration with CP, I do not see any reason right now for it not working, and we will fix any problems if reported.
Same goes for the “pro” version of the plugin.

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Category Posts Widget

A post was split to a new topic: Message Cap?

Category Posts Widget and all others since my last post have been added to the list.

Thanks all.

2 Likes

I meanwhile switched 7 sites to ClassicPress and here are some plugins that I can cornfirm they are working:
FoooGallery
FooBox Image Lightbox
GDPR Cookie Consent
MetaSlider
Nested Pages
Timetable and Event Schedule

I also contacted updraft (MetaSlider) if they would support ClassicPress. Here is the answer:
New comment on your idea “Support ClassicPress”

Hi,

I don’t see any reason why we wont. I guess it would depend on the direction they take the platform in. Let us know if you run into any issues and I’ll see if it can be resolved.

Permalink to the comment: https://www.metaslider.com/feature-requests/feature-request/support-classicpress/#comment-22977

5 Likes

Thanks @baterista

Thanks @baterista - that’s good news about MetaSlider - we needed an image slider on our must-have list.

1 Like

I’ve just released Registration Honeypot for ClassicPress. It prevents spambot registrations on sites that allow users to register for accounts.

11 Likes

Good one. I may have a use for this on I site I’m re-working. We are still trying to decide the way to go, but one option is directing new users to a hidden registration form. A honeypot would be a very worthwhile addition.
Cheers!

2 Likes

@ozfiddler, one thing to consider about a hidden registration form…

Unfortunately, if a link to the registration form is displayed anywhere on the site, a bot will find it. If you completely hide it, then you’d have to send potential users an email with the registration URL, so, it would effectively be invite-only. No worries, though – the honeypot technique used in the plugin will save your bacon. I just wrote it this morning and already, for the first time since I launched my site, no spam accounts to delete! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @anon71687268. It’s a subscription site with private content and my idea was to use a simple subscription signup button with PayPal and then use the “return url on successful payment” field to send them to a private registration form. So, yes, invite-only.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post, but I was looking if the eventsmanager plugin is going to support ClassicPress.
Right now it is working but they answered they are not sure that they will support ClassicPress in the future.

Here is the answer:

Hello,

Currently We can’t guarantee that We will support ClassicPress. You could always Install the Classic Editor if you don’t want to use the Guttenberg.

Regards,
Events Manager Pro Support

If “always” mean really always, these days the Eternity lasts less than 3 years. Does this apply to wedding?

7 Likes

I’m not sure if I understood everything correctly, I’m not native … Sorry
I wrote to the support of Events Manager Pro Plugin that I currently switch all my customer sites to ClassicPress and was only asking if they would support ClassicPress, because some of my clients use this plugin.
And then I read the answer of the support team and had to lough…

You understand correctly. To the support team the term “always” means “less than 3 years”.

3 Likes

Here are some that work fine ( till now ) and are updated normally.
Disqus for WordPress
Duplicator
Google XML Sitemaps
Ko-Fi Button
No Right Click Images Plugin
NoPIN
Photoswipe Masonry
RCD-Right Click Disabler for WordPress
Slimstat Analytics
Thin Out Revisions ( the funny thing is that this one stopped working in WP when they changed the editor. When I switched to CP it started working again).
WP Media Category Management

2 Likes

Thanks @Marialena.S

2 Likes