Wordfence and ClassicPress

We need a solid security plugin for CP, as it looks as though Mullenweig/Automattic may be banning any reference to CP in its support forums. All our requests for WordFence support for CP have been removed and Mark Maunder is (so far) not responding to any requests (if he’s even seen them).

All in One Security is my bet if that’s the case.

I’ll reach out to them

1 Like

Hm, their contact form doesn’t work. That alone doesn’t fill me with confidence about their credentials!

WP-Shield or Shield Pro is good too. I use them one of my clients.

Using BPS Pro (commercial but one-off payment for unlimited sites - there is also a free version) and seems fine on three sites I’m running under ClassicPress.

The plugin author seemed willing to look at issues with ClassicPress when I contacted him (see thread and link at https://forums.classicpress.net/t/bulletproof-security-pro-and-classicpress/289

IThemes Security works OOB

1 Like

@pieter I am moving your email to a dedicated post so I can reference it in the future :slight_smile:

Thread has been deleted.

Ahhhhh, such a democratic system

1 Like

First of all, love your name. Secondly, “Out Of Box?”

I’d laugh if I could. That’s why Sucuri and WordFence rule the roost when it comes to WP security. I’ll reach out to Mark Maunder at WordFence and then Sucuri and see if any of them will respond.

I think at this point, it’s very clear that Mr. Mullenweig has heard the siren call of investors and stake holders telling him he must compete with Wix asap; and is sending everyone and anyone who gets in his way under the proverbial bus. Hence all that’s occurred. As much as I love kindness and generosity of spirit as a Buddhist, as someone who’s grown up around military personnel and worked for many “old school” marketing agencies I also see the value in reading between the lines and knowing that untrustworthy critters can lurk in tall grass as they say. I wouldn’t put it past anyone at Automattic (and their subsidiaries) to play nasty with CP. Therefore, I would not afford them the opportunity.

Update on this: Concerning forks and recommendations on the forums – Make WordPress Support

As mentioned in the post, we encourage anyone having issues with the WP forums to reach out to them on WordPress + Slack in the #forums channel.

Yes, “Out of Box”. No detected issues since I switched to CP three days ago.

Do you know the source of my name?

1 Like

I am afraid to ask.

1 Like

Is that so? :grinning:
I thought you knew! It’s just a character of the 1980s UK TV-Show “The Comic Strip Presents”, but now we are far off topic, so let’s stop here.

3 Likes

I’ve added my voice to the WordFence/ClassicPress thread on the WP support forum. Probably a busy time for them so might take a while to get anything back.

Meanwhile I’ve loaded up All in One Security on a site and it looks good too. Happy to go along with whoever comes to the party. :yum:

3 Likes

How would one be able to “Please support ClassicPress” on the WordFence (or any other plugin) support page without spamming them and therefore harming the idea behind it (supporting CP)?

Any advice on this, cats?

2 Likes

Just make a single post asking about it and you should be fine. If you’re not moving from thread to thread and adding virtually the same comment, it’s hard to think it would be seen as spam. If a lot of different users are asking for CP support, that’s also not spam…it’s a trend. :slight_smile:

6 Likes